Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a white, water-soluble crystalline substance with strong reducing properties. It is also an important antioxidant in the human body. Interestingly, ascorbic acid is essential only for humans and a few other primates, as other mammals are capable of biosynthesizing it.
Vitamin C contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal immune system function during and after intense physical exercise
- Normal collagen formation
- Normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
- Normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Normal nervous system function
- Normal psychological function
- Normal immune system function
- The protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Increased absorption of iron
Vitamin C is a natural component of the ingredients of ManaPowder and ManaDrink, but we also add extra. Precise information on the quantity of vitamin C in ManaPowder Origin can be found here. Precise information on the quantity of vitamin C in ManaDrink Origin can be found here.
Mana is nutritionally complete food. Enjoy it as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Tolerable upper intake levels for vitamins and minerals, Scientific Committee on Food, Scientific Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies, EFSA 2006, online: https://www.efsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/efsa_rep/blobserver_assets/ndatolerableuil.pdf
Vitamin and mineral requirements in human nutrition, Second edition, World Health Organization, Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations 2004. online: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/42716/9241546123.pdf?ua=1