Folic acid, sometimes referred to as vitamin B9, folate, or folacin, is a water-soluble vitamin that occurs primarily in leafy vegetables, fruits, yeast, and some animal sources. It plays an important role in the synthesis of nucleic acids.
In the human body, vitamin B9 contributes to:
- Normal amino acid synthesis
- Normal homocysteine metabolism
- Normal blood formation
- Normal psychological function
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Normal immune system function
- The process of cell division
- Growth of maternal tissue during pregnancy
Vitamin B9 is a natural component of the ingredients in ManaPowder and ManaDrink. We also add it in the form of folic acid. Precise information on the quantity of vitamin B9 in ManaPowder Origin can be found here. Precise information on the quantity of vitamin B9 in ManaDrink Origin can be found here.
Mana is nutritionally complete food. Enjoy it as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Vitamin and mineral requirements in human nutrition: report of a joint FAO/WHO expert consultation, Bangkok, Thailand, 21–30 September 1998. online: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/42716/1/9241546123.pdf